After four generations of recycling, we refuse to scrap our family values.
In 1925, Brenner Recycling was founded by Maurice H. Brenner as a used auto parts yard which provided local mechanics and auto repair garages with quality used parts for their cars and trucks at affordable prices. Consisting of a small warehouse and the family homestead, Mr. Brenner soon ran out of storage space and began salvaging the scrap metal from the old cars and trucks he accumulated and sold it to steel mills for reprocessing into new steel.
In 1960, Maurice Brenner retired and his sons, Joseph and Myron Brenner, took over the yard with an eye towards expansion. By 1968, Brenner Recycling installed a 300-ton Richards Iron Shark shear which allowed the company to cut scrap automatically and improve production. In 1978, company growth continued with the purchase of a larger, 800-ton shear that could condense an entire automobile in less than five minutes. In 1990, Brenner Recycling entered its third generation when Joseph’s sons, Paul and Lenny Brenner, assumed leadership of the company.
In 2015, Lenny Brenner retired and Brenner Recycling entered its fourth generation of operations with the addition of Paul’s son, Jason Brenner. Paul, Jason, and Burt Rentmeister, the operations manager, currently operate Brenner Recycling. The Company is always growing and continues to offer fair and equal employment to people in the three counties surrounding Hazleton.
For more than 91 years, Brenner Recycling has continued to expand and improve its recycling services and capabilities with upgrades to our scales, fleet of trucks, trailers, material handlers, and shears. For example, in 1997 The Company added a 9,000 square-foot warehouse and installed a state-of-the-art Harris horizontal baler for the efficient baling of non-ferrous scrap metals and paper products. Simultaneously, the company has focused on creating a safer and more efficient environment for both our customers and employees.