Our company rallying cry – SAFELY OR NOT AT ALL!
While this sounds like a simple objective, it actually takes a lot of time and effort. Our goal is to have everyone – employees, customers, contractors, and visitors – go home to their loved ones in the same or better condition than when they arrived.
With this goal in mind, Brenner Recycling approaches safety aggressively and proactively and our commitment permeates the entire organization from top to bottom. Our company president, Paul Brenner, is the immediate-past national chairman of the ISRI Safety and Environmental Council (ISEC).
Our safety program includes:
- Comprehensive safety orientation for all new employees
- Monthly safety meetings for all employees
- Regular safety walkthroughs of our facility
- Providing each employee with the proper personal protective equipment, tools, support, and knowledge they need to safely perform their job
- “See Something, Say Something” - Empowering each employee to say something if they see an unsafe condition
- Zero tolerance for alcohol and drugs in our workplace
- Recording and reviewing every safety incident for possible causes, mitigation strategies, and lessons learned