Safety at Brenner Recycling
Our company rallying cry – SAFELY OR NOT AT ALL!
While this sounds like a simple objective, it actually takes a lot of time and effort. Our goal is to have everyone – team members, customers, contractors, and visitors – go home to their loved ones in the same condition as when they arrived.
With this goal in mind, Brenner Recycling approaches safety aggressively and proactively and our commitment permeates the entire organization from top to bottom. Our company president, Paul Brenner, is a past national chairman of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) Safety and Environmental Council (ISEC).
Our safety program includes:
- Pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Comprehensive safety orientation for all new team members
- A Pennsylvania State Certified Safety Committee
- Monthly safety meetings for all team members
- Regular safety walk-throughs of our facility
- Providing each team member with the proper personal protective equipment, tools, support, and knowledge they need to safely perform their job
- “See Something, Say Something” – Empowering each team member to say something if they see an unsafe condition
- Zero tolerance for alcohol and drugs in our workplace – all of our team members are subject to random drug screens
- Recording and reviewing every safety incident and near miss for possible causes, mitigation strategies, and lessons learned