Materials We DO NOT Accept:
- Non-Metallics – Plastic, Concrete, Wood, Glass, Dirt, and Solid Waste
- Flammable, Hazardous, Bio-Hazardous, Infectious, and Toxic Materials – Antifreeze, Asbestos, Fuel, Oil, PCBs, Paint, Pesticides, and Solvents
- Compressed Gas Cylinders and Sealed Containers – Propane Tanks, Oxygen Tanks, Chlorine Tanks, Sealed Barrels, Drums, and Tanks
- Radioactive Materials and Sources – Uranium, Thorium, Potassium
- Refrigerant-Containing Scrap – Freon and other refrigerants must be removed prior to arriving at our facility
- Unauthorized Scrap – Kegs, Railroad Material, Manhole Covers, etc. unless sold by an entity that would have a reason to rightfully own the property being sold (PA State Law)
- Firearms and Explosive Scrap – Guns, Unspent Ammunition and Ordinances
Items We Accept
Brenner Recycling accepts many types of recyclable items, including copper, brass, lead, zinc, iron, steel, aluminum, stainless steel, cardboard, and electronics.
Here is a representative, though not complete, list of the materials we accept. If you have any questions regarding the scrap materials, please call or email us for more information.
Pennsylvania state law requires us to record a valid, government-issued photo identification from our customers for all transactions. All vehicle transactions require a title and all persons listed to be present.
Metals that stick to a magnet.
- Light Iron
- Cast Iron
- Heavy Scrap Iron
- Motor Blocks
- Vehicles – with or without motors
- Structural Steel
- Scrap machinery and construction equipment
Metals that do not stick to a magnet.
- Auto, Truck, and Industrial Batteries
- Stainless Steel
- Zinc and Die Cast
- Catalytic Converters – Must be complete
Cardboard and Electronics:
Fees may be charged – based on scrap market conditions – to accept these items.
- Cardboard – Must be clean and free of trash and other debris.
- Computer Mice and Keyboards
- Computer Printers
- Televisions and Computer Monitors