How It Works
We make it easy to get paid for your scrap
One of our friendly team members will direct you to one of our three state-certified scales.
After your materials are unloaded, sorted, and weighed, you will be paid IN CASH ON-THE-SPOT.
Please remember to bring your ID.
Pennsylvania state law requires us to record a valid, government-issued photo identification from our customers for all transactions.
It’s fast and easy to turn your old and unwanted scrap into CASH!
New customer? No worries!
Our team members and processes make it a cinch!
Safety Is Everyone’s Responsibility
A scrap yard can be a fast-moving environment involving the use of heavy machinery and equipment. Our goal is to provide you the safest and most rewarding experience while at our facility. Here’s how you can help:
- Exercise Caution – We have signs posted throughout our facility to guide you
- Drive Slowly – Keep a watchful eye out for other people, vehicles, and machinery
- Ask For Help – Our team members are trained to provide instruction and assistance when necessary
- Follow Instructions – Follow all requests by our team members as they are there to assist you and maintain a safe working environment for everybody
- All children must remain in their vehicles at all times
- All customers must wear closed-toe shoes (e.g., no sandals or flip-flops)
- Customers are not allowed to clean scrap on our property
- If you “See Something, Then Say Something” – We want to know if you see something unsafe happening. You can help prevent an accident.
How Can I Identify My Scrap?
There are many types of recyclable metal. Fortunately, there are also many ways to identify and separate metal.
USE A MAGNET
A magnet can be used to separate ferrous metals, like iron and steel, from non-ferrous metals, such as aluminum, copper and brass. Simply put, if the magnet sticks to the metal, then it contains iron.
FILE A SMALL SECTION
A metal file is especially useful for materials which are painted, coated or plated. By filing a small section on the surface of the scrap, you should be able to see the base metal. Every type of metal has its own unique physical characteristics – such as color, hardness and weight.
If you have a metal grinder and a large enough piece of scrap, you can also use a spark test to aid in metal identification. You can identify different types of metal by looking at the presence, color and type of stream of sparks generated when grinding the metal. Generally speaking, no sparks indicate that the metal is non-ferrous.
If you are unsure of what type of scrap metal you have, our team members are trained and happy to help. It’s best to bring your item in, since identifying it over the phone or photo can be tricky!
Recycling Your Vehicle
Before you bring your car to Brenner Recycling, be sure you have:
- the vehicle’s valid title in the seller’s name
- and your government-issued photo identification.
We cannot accept vehicles without a title. This applies to anything that was once a motor vehicle, regardless of whether or not it currently has a motor. Call us if you have a special circumstance.